SONG OF THE DAY [#349]

'map ref. 41 degrees n 93 degrees w' | my bloody valentine

first of all, i can't get over how young kevin shields is that picture.  he looks like he's 15.  geez.  secondly, i'm in such a my bloody valentine mood tonight.  i put in 12 hours at work today.  it was a long day.  

i got home and flipped on the valentines and basked in the sonic glory of it all.   then i remembered they're playing the US this fall. so i just checked ticketmassah, and yeah, i can get tickets for l.a.  oh man.  i'm so tempted to pull the trigger on this one.  i've never once made a trip just to see a band.  there are only a handful of bands i'd spend hundreds of dollars in travel money to see [pulp, pizzicato five, saint etienne, the smiths, the stone roses, and my bloody valentine. i'm still kicking myself for not ponying up to see yazoo, and i hate regret, so maybe i should just do it.  i dunno.].  part of me believes this is a once in a lifetime opportunity.  do you have any idea how long i've waited to see this, and this, and this live? stop it.  sure, there's allegedly new valentines stuff coming out sometime in the not-too-distant future, but who knows if there will be a tour to support it.

one of the problems of going is that i don't have anyone to go with.  not that i mind going to a concert by myself [i've done it before], it'd just be a heckuva lot more fun to see them with someone, and preferably someone who really gets the valentines.  most of friends don't get the valentines.  then again, most of friends listed to weepy, whispery guitar doods.  boring with a capital bore.  do i go? do i not go? where's a flower when you need one.

my bloody valentine: map ref. 41 degrees n 93 degrees w [wire cover]
my bloody valentine: never say goodbye [from the strawberry wine ep]
my bloody valentine: drive it all over you [from the 'you made me realize' single]

3 shout outs:

Anonymous said...

thanks for the mbv rarities! such a treat.

do go if you can! i would have too, but i'm half the world away: (

I am Chree-uz. said...

Hey Lorke! Been awhile! (what happened to your song o' the day emails?)
Aren't MBV just great? As good as I think they are, for some reason I have never owned an album of theirs. Just yesterday, infact, I was thinking, "Why don't I own 'Loveless'?" If it wasn't for them, I am guessing a good chunk of my favorite albums ever may never have existed.

Anonymous said...

they are also playing SF at the end of September! and it's highly doubtful they'll sell the venue out, so it's always an option if you decide to go at the last minute....