SONG OF THE DAY [#399]

'autumn story' | firekites

sorry for the lack of updates lately. what with christmas, family in town, my new 46" samsung lcd and playstation 3, i've been rather occupied the last week. i've been shopping that tv for the better part of six months and i finally pulled the trigger on my birthday, so happy birthday to me from me with best regards. you're a swell fellow, matt.

here's some nice new music from down unduh! i knew there was more to aussie music besides midnight oil, inxs, and men at work [i'm kidding, i'm kidding]. i don't know that much about firekites, but a friend of mine suggest i check them out and so i did. and i have to say, i was pleasantly surprised. not that i thought they'd be lousy or anything like that, but with the gajillions of bands out there these days, it's always nice to find a little nugget that warms the heart. i particularly like listening to these guys on headphones because you can really here all the little nuances floating throughout the songs. and i also like that it sounds like it was recorded in a warehouse. that's not to say it's lousy recording quality, but rather you can here the faint traces of echos. it gives the songs a really nice quality that seems lacking from a lot of studio produced stuff. good stuff.

you can find out more about firekites here and here, so go check 'em out.

final thought for the day: is it just me or is anyone else wondering where the bleep 2008 went?

firekites: autumn story
firekites: same suburb different park

4 shout outs:

Ryan and Shannan Hoffman said...

I wonder where the heck the year went too. This one flew by. Seems like it was just last New Years. Hope your birthday was splendid. Another year, new resolutions. Look for me on TV if you watch the Sugar Bowl.

Lindsey said...

I'm trying to figure that out myself as well. I swear it was just last Christmas...

I am Chree-uz. said...

2008 was a step ahead of me all year.

As far as Aussie tunes go, I enjoy me some good modern Silverchair and their side projects including Dissociatives, Tambalane and The Presets, as well as some Powderfinger myself.
Thanks for the heads up on these down unduhs.

When does The List come?

. said...

oh my !i really like this...i'll be visiting your blog often...you're warned!