HAPPY BIRTHDAY, BLOG

never underestimate the sheer level of awesomeness in giving a one year old baby a piece of shiny cutlery to cut his own cake on his first birthday. [yes, that's me--what where my parents thinking?  the knife is like the length of my arm, for pete's sake.]  hey, nothing says 'happy 1st birthday, son,' like dressing your kid in lederhosen and letting him decapitate winnie the pooh. 

ah, yes.  in case you haven't already guessed, it was one year ago today that i staked my little claim on the information superhighway. it seems like it was jut...well, a year ago.

it's pioneer day today if you happen to live in utah. unfortunately i had to work and i was so tired by the end of the day that i didn't even want to watch fireworks. not that i really would have anyway. [instead i've been passing the evening with my US copy of 'spaced' that arrived in the mail today. amazon.com is already sold out of it, if you can believe that.  good on ya, nick, simon, jessica, and co.]

so anyway, one year down.  i originally planned to kill this blog after one year.  i realize how inherently presumptuous to even publish a blog.  i mean, geez, who really wants to know all about my life or what i'm listening to or what i'm reading.  it's all a bit silly, innit? maybe i'll still kill the blog.  maybe i won't.  i still haven't decided.  anyway...

3 shout outs:

Ryan and Shannan Hoffman said...

Don't kill the blog!! I LOVE that picture of you. It's so cute!! I can't believe they gave you the knife.. as a parent, what were they thinking? :)

Anonymous said...

what a coincidence- i just put spaced on my netflix last wednesday!! can't wait to see it.

please don't kill the blog. call me selfish but i for one would be very disappointed.

Anonymous said...

Hey Matt, where were those Lederhosen when we had Oktoberfest, eh?