SONG OF THE DAY [#296]

'you, me & the bourgeoisie' | the submarines

wow, i gotta tell ya, this new submarines album is out-frakking-standing! i smell a band on the cusp of greatness!

the impeccably-named john dragonetti and blake hazard [if those are their real names i'll eat my foot] have been doing their thing [and when i say 'thing' i mean a revolving door romance and writing songs together] for awhile now. they met in boston through a mutual friend, hooked it up, moved to la-la land, wrote an album, broke up, realized the songs they were writing were about each other, got back together, etc, etc, etc. so we should all be thankful they got back together 'cos this is some amazing dag.

i think 'you, me & the bourgeoisie' is the first single from the upcoming 'honeysuckle weeks' which drops next month. it's already on my short list for favorite album of the year, so check it out.

the submarines: you, me & the bourgeoisie
the submarines: sub symphonika

0 shout outs: