SONG OF THE DAY [#271]

'why do you let me stay here' | she & him

here's some good, old-fashioned, down-to-earth fun for you all. she & him, in case you don't already know, is the nom-de-rock of our favorite elf zooey deschanel and m. ward, respectively. i first heard about zooey deschanel's vocal abilities from my friend dainon when he emailed me a song, or pointed me to her website a couple of years ago, i don't really remember which. he's been a big fan of hers for awhile and i now count myself among the converted. this is some great stuff.

she & him entitled their first album 'volume 1,' which leads me to believe that we'll see more she & him albums in the future. we should only be so lucky. so take off your shoes, pour yourself a cup o' tea, and let the songs warm the cockles of your heart [what the heck is a cockle anyway?] you can find out more about she & him here and here.

'volume 1' drops via the great merge records march 18th. so be sure to check it out.

she & him: why don't you let me stay here
she & him: i thought i saw your face today

2 shout outs:

I am Chree-uz. said...

I heard some of this recently, I absolutely love it. Kudos to that bro!

Dainon. said...

Aha. Consider it repaying the favor of you turning me on to so many amazing artists/songs over the years ...