SONG OF THE DAY [#379]

'half asleep' | school of seven bells

i totally got rear-ended today while on my lunch break. i was sitting in stopped traffic when this girl slammed in to the back of me. thankfully, my car was unscathed. there are a few scuff marks, but nothing i can polish out myself pretty quickly. no need to get insurance companies involved. even the police officer who came over was very nice. all in all, it was a very pleasant accident.

let me just add that when ford says 'ford tough,' man, they are not kidding. my ford focus handed that honda's rear end on plate with a side of cookies and a glass of strawberry quick. i had a few scuffs and honda's hood was bent pretty badly. i could see the engine just by tilting my head. so eat it, honda.

this has nothing to do with the school of seven bells, but it was part of my day, so i thought i'd share. not that anyone really cares or anything [my own family doesn't read this blog], but hey, the three of you who do might be interested. or not.

anyway, school of seven bells is the new project from former secret machines member benjamin curtis and twins alejandra and claudia deheza, formerly of on! air! radio! i've never heard of on! air! radio!, but now i wish i had because i really enjoy their voices. 'half asleep' is another song i heard on the xm radio the other day and you guessed it, it was sitting in the itunes and i didn't even know it. but i'm glad it is. it is very excellent!

here's something for your gee-whiz collection: the band is named for the legendary pickpocket academy. 1] i didn't know there was ever a pickpocket academy; 2] ok, i only have one. i thought i might've had two, but i got ahead of myself.

school of seven bells is opening for M83 down in LA at the end of november. i will down there on the day they play. i might have to go.

the school of seven bells debut, 'alpinisms,' is out now.

school of seven bells: half asleep
school of seven bells: chain

2 shout outs:

Dainon. said...

Nice. I pre-ordered this album early this week based on a single song I heard and am anxiously awaiting for it to arrive. Someday I'll be an MP3 whore, but I just love the old-fashioned, hard copy of a disc.

Anonymous said...

Unbelievable, that' s exactly what I was seeking for! You just saved me alot of work